If you’ve been following my blog for any period of time, you’re aware that I have a rare chronic pain diagnosis: Trigeminal Neuralgia. And you’re also aware that I’m not allowing it to define me, I’m doing everything in my power to heal and live fully.
Trigeminal is a nerve in the face and my problem has been caused by overwhelming stress coupled with dental anxiety. A routine dental cleaning can trigger horrible pain that lasts for days and even months.
Around Thanksgiving I began having pain in my face along with a constant nauseating headache. I chalked it up to holiday stress. It didn’t go away and a back tooth was ‘zinging’ when I drank anything cold. I called for a dental appointment and was told I needed a root canal and the dental anxiety started to increase.
I went in for the root canal and was told it couldn’t be done because the tooth was cracked in half and had to be extracted. I faced my fears and the tooth was extracted last week. Although I’m a bit sore, the headache and toothache is totally gone. It’s amazing the relief I feel. And happiness just because I’m not in pain anymore.
The tooth experience had me reflecting on the energy healing I’ve been using more and more. I have explored how energy healing is based on scientific principles and solid research, research the US government takes quite seriously, although you wouldn’t know it from reading Wikipedia (which disgusts me how outdated they are). And I’ve shared in past blogs how it differs from spiritual healing.
Energy healing is amazing for releasing trapped emotions and subconscious thought patterns that cause pain and grief but no amount of energy healing could mend my broken tooth. That’s because nothing in science can heal a tooth that is broken in half.
Energy healing can’t grow back an amputated limb of a soldier, it can’t undo a broken pot, it can’t stop the effects of a bomb that is blowing something up. God may work a miracle in those cases, but that’s something energy healing can’t do.
That said, here’s some testimonials of what energy healing can do:
Even if it can’t do everything, energy healing as subtle as it is, is meaningful to those who experience it. Who doesn’t want less anger trapped in their body and less anxiety ruling their life? Could energy work help you?
Coaching: You are responsible for your transformation. A coach contributes towards that transformation. Coaches support, guide goals, teach skills, and help you find your genius within.
Coaching with Spirit Animals: My spirit animal for 2018 is the grouse. Having a new bird dog puppy and a husband that loves to hunt, grouse means time off, vacation, going up north to a family cottage, and spending time out in nature with those I love. Grouse is a woodland bird and I am happiest in the forest. Grouse is known for it’s sacred dance and drumming in the spring, it is illusive and blends into it’s background. I’m getting the message that this year is still a year to lay low, stay hidden, take time out, and get into nature. What’s your spirit animal for 2018? What does it mean to you? How can it help you navigate through the new year?
Supporting with Custom Essential Oil Blends: I still have chronic pain breaking through and blood pressure to bring down. I like to support my body with a natural approach to healing. Yes, I’ll take pain pills if I need to and yes, I’m on blood pressure medication. But I’d like to not be. So I’m using blends of essential oils (natures medicine) to support muscle relaxation and pain relief – copaiba, ylang ylang, blue tansy, sandalwood, plus others. Do you value natural wellness and need support for sleep, pain, toenail fungus, scars or ?
Removing blocks to success: Trapped emotional energy can cause up to 97% of the blocks in our life. The Emotion Code, the Body Code and the Emotional Freedom Technique can help remove those blocks so the path to success is easier. What does it feel like to be free of the fear of criticism? Or to have the courage to speak up? Or simply to feel good living in your body? Those aren’t things you normally go to the doctor for, yet can make a huge difference in your wellness for 2018.
Supporting your physical body: Monthly massage and bodywork is one of the best gifts you can give to yourself for stress relief and well-being. It’s an investment into your retirement age, to get those niggling pains and aches resolved before they turn into a hip replacement or chronic back pain.
I’d like to invite you to sign up for a three-month coaching program to meet your wellness goals for 2018. I don’t take a lot of clients and I won’t be mass marketing this offer; I figure you’ll know if this is something you would benefit from. And if so, I’d love to get to know you better and work with you to meet your goals for 2018!
Breathing a sign of relief.
Blanket of snow.
Cold outside, warm inside.
New years resolutions.
Wanting to hibernate.
Dreams for 2018.
Will it be different?
Will change be good?
Am I up to it?
Is this the year.
For satisfaction, happiness, success?
If you sometimes wonder if you’re worthy, struggle with feeling not good enough, ever had fleeting thoughts that you’re a fraud even though you are highly skilled … then join me Thursday December 28. We’ll apply the theory of energy psychology to help remove stressful self-sabotaging thoughts and emotions and replace those with a positive key word that will frame your new year in strength.
My key word for 2018 is “application” … I have a solid repertoire of skills and certifications for pain and stress relief and now it’s time to apply them … for myself and to help others. What does that mean? It means I will be offering more classes and sessions for pain and stress relief for women and the animals they love. It means I’m committing more time to teaching and reaching out and less time behind a computer earning yet another certification. It’s a stretch, at least for me, because I’m a lifelong learner but there comes a time to apply the learning. Lifelong learning can become a way of hiding out if it’s not applied. “Application” means coming out of hiding, it means being vulnerable and open to criticism. It means being visible and I have a misbelief that being visible, means being exhausted all the time. I’m going to work on releasing that misbelief on Thursday December 28 and installing new empowering beliefs. I hope you can join me!
Merry Christmas to my friends and family. I’m not sending out Christmas cards like I did in the past so here’s a quick review of the past year. Dear Hummer got cancer this summer and passed away (it was very sudden and very sad). He was such an easy sweet dog. We welcomed Mercy into our hearts in August. She’s a “blue” Weimaraner and chews everything when she’s not bouncing off the walls. Yikes, NOT like Hummer at all. (Don’t let that photo fool you into thinking she’s a sweet quiet puppy … lol.)
Nicci is 26yo this year and still going strong. She and I go on bareback walks a couple times a month and we partnered up for another year of therapeutic riding classes. Joe has a new horse he’s hunting this year (Coastie – the black horse in the middle photo). Coastie is a very tall thoroughbred but has a great brain in his head and they look dashing together. My hunt horse is Jimmy, same as last year.
One of my favorite relaxation hobbies is photography … pictures of my garden and nature. I’ve been taking Sunday’s off and mellowing out with a book. I have to watch out for workaholic perfectionistic tendencies … they are a killer and I don’t want to be a victim. This year I added two more certifications to the pain relief services I offer … releasing trapped emotional energy through the Emotion Code certification and customized essential oil remedies via being a certified Aromatherapist. Along with releasing muscle and fascia to help the structure of the body line up, my clients can benefit from emotional freedom and natural pain relief solutions. It feels like a wholistic well-rounded service to help women overcome stubborn pain.
For lent this year I had about 12 inches of hair cut off and donated it to kids with cancer. And here’s a pic of volunteering at Sitting Tall with Nicci this year. It’s hard to catch a photo of Joe on his bike – he’s fast! Joe has biked 2550 miles this year!!! We’re still living out in rural Waterloo and sometimes storms knock down trees and the power is out. It’s nice having a wood burner at those times and a generator. But have you ever heard of a generator going bad? Our’s did early this spring … it put out too much voltage on one side and started fires in two surge strips in the house. Luckily it was caught right away but was none-the-less quite scary!
Here’s a fun collage from November … Joe and his precious Hershey on the Mule. The gorgeous autumn leaves over the kennel. Joe’s 10 pt deer. And the teachings on Divine Mercy … I went to the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Stockbridge Massachusetts with my mom and dad in April for Divine Mercy Sunday, then they enjoyed Vermont while I went to the home of Sally Swift and spent a weekend at a Centered Riding conference.
All in all, it’s been a blessed year and I hope the same is for you. And here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
What were your resolutions for 2017?
Did you meet them?
Was it easy or hard?
Lost any weight? Organized the garage? Cleaned the basement? Started exercising more? Read any of those books on your list? Eating better? Taking that class you were interested in? Spent more time with ________________________ (family, friends, pet)? Saved money? Gotten the job of your dreams?
Once upon a time there was a person who dreamed of being a successful writer. She wrote the first two chapters of a novel and summited them to a publisher. A few weeks later the publisher called her into the office and excitedly raved about her work, offering a $50,000 advance for the book. This person was shocked and elated. But later in the week when they sat down to write, nothing was there … no creativity … no words … no ideas. Writers block set in and didn’t go away. She lost the book contract and had to take a regular office job she hated. What happened? Subconscious energetic blocks … I’m a fraud, I’m not worthy, I’m not good enough, I’ll never get this done, my writing isn’t worth $50,000, I’m going to fail so why even start, etc. If those scripts are running in the background is it any wonder why writer’s block creeped in? Writer’s block was the “savior” to save face. Right? NO!
Those negative thoughts are hidden in all of our subconscious minds. They are energetic blocks that make it hard for us to achieve our dreams and resolutions. I’ll be holding an energy clearing to help remove energetic blocks later this month. It’s only a $10 investment to help you on your way to an easy and successful New Year!
For my christian friends and those who aren’t familiar with energy healing, please review the table below. Energy work is drawn from the scientific fields of physics, epigenetics, evolutionary biology on the stress response, cell biology, neurophysiology, electromagnetism, psychoneuroimmunology, endocrinology, memory reconsolidation & extinction, and quantum mechanics. Energy healing is different than spiritual healing.
Join me December 28, 2017 to learn more!
- Switch out deodorants (try Schmidt’s). Don’t use anti-perspirants, you are suppose to sweat to detox. The first couple of weeks you can expect sweat and stink … it’s true … you’re detoxing the crap that was trapped in those cells, it’ll change and there will be less sweat and smell, in the meantime just plan to rub on the new deodorant a few times a day.
- Switch out any personal care products that contain artificial fragrance and endocrine disruptors. You can trust certain companies for natural soaps, shampoos, and lotions like doTerra, Arbonne, or POSH. I get compliments on the health of my hair even with all the highlights I have and I use doTerra shampoo and conditioner.
- Have pain? We all do now and then. Try switching out pain pills for natural topical solutions. The chemistry of essential oils offers many great choices for pain relief as does the hot pepper capsaicin. DoTerra has a pre-made pain blend called “DEEP BLUE.” Essential oils can help decrease inflammation, improve circulation, provide soothing relief to nerves and relax muscles … without the toxic side effects of pills.
- This month is easy … avoid fluoride, it’s a neurotoxin, just go to PubMed and type in the search something like toxicity and fluoride or fluoride neurotoxin. Fluoride can be in your drinking water (use a water filter) and it’s most common in dental products. Switch to a natural toothpaste, I use doTerra’s whitening toothpaste.
- Do you know about the EWG online guide? Check out the Healthy Cleaning section and see how toxic your current cleaning products are. Don’t have time to do all that research? Then simply buy Norwex … they have laundry detergent and silver embedded cleaning cloths where you only need water to clean. Not sure about using just water? Several essential oils are natural antimicrobials … put a few drops of lemon essential oil in your water and you get anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal properties.
- Sugar feeds cancer, it feeds diabetes, it feeds obesity. Detox from sugar and from artificial sweeteners. Eat more fruits with natural sugars and use natural sweeteners like Stevia. Watch out for the diet sodas and hidden food ingredients in low-cal pre-boxed items.
- There’s been found to be a link to parkinson’s and insecticides. Month 7 is July, the middle of the summer, switch out you insect repellant to a natural one made from essential oils. Simply google essential oils for insects and create your own natural spray or buy one pre-made. DoTerra has one called TerraShield.
- Drink water. Healthy water. Test your water. Filter your water if needed. Drink out of a glass water bottle (instead of plastic).
- Emotions can be as toxic as bad water. If you avoid emotions, they build up inside. Yes they do! Emotions are simply neuropeptides in your body associated with a thought. They have information for you. Listen to them. Anger means your boundaries have been violated somehow. Feel your emotion, let it pass through you without judgement and then positively problem solve what you need to do about the situation that caused the emotion. Need help with this? For $25 you can release old trapped emotions.
- Detox your organs. Milk thistle has a protective effect on the liver … just go to PubMed again and search for milk thistle and liver disease.
- Detox your body. Chlorella is a chewable algae filled with chlorophyll that can be used for a gentle detox. Lemon juice is another choice to help with a detox and also to help your pH.
- Detox from stress. Begin a mindfulness protocol. Notice the sunrise in the morning and thank God for a new day. Notice the sunset at night and reflect on your day with gratitude.
There’s no better time than today to start with these small steps that will allow you to reap amazing health benefits for your future you!
I just read an article titled, “The Dangers of Spiritualizing Your Psychological Problems” … boy did that resonate with me. Made me think in a couple of different directions. The first is a joke about spiritualizing problems The Drowning Man … the story starts out like this:
“A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, “Jump in, I can save you.”
The stranded fellow shouted back, “No, it’s OK, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me.”
Click on The Drowning Man link above if you don’t know the rest of the story.
The second direction my mind took is about confusing emotions and spirit. I’m particularly interested in this as I offer therapy for stress and pain relief.
I explain that emotions are both physical (chemical neuropeptides on cell receptor sites in our body) and also energetic (electromagnetic field, cellular bonds) and are associated with thought memories i.e. accidents, tests at school, ferris wheel, first kiss, etc. The thought memories and the emotions can be stored in the body causing triggers to similar events or simply creating a revolving racetrack that keeps coming back.
Prayer can be one way to help (always pray) but sometimes God works through regular means, through action, through His natural laws and the intelligence and the gifts He’s given to the people He created. It’s one way we get to share in His work of healing.
I help people release emotions through stress relieving bodywork and also through energy healing i.e. EFT (emotional freedom technique) and the Emotion Code. Energy work in the form of Einstein’s E=MC2 physics and biology type of energy work where E is energy, M is mass/matter and C is a wavelength of movement/speed of light. Energy work using tapping pressure, magnets, memory, intention, attention, focus, breathe.
Prayer is spiritual and works beyond the material world. Energy is God’s creation based on the physical laws of matter. Some people get spirit and energy mixed up. I’m trying to find ways to change that. Here is a chart offering 7 reasons why healing doesn’t occur. What are your thoughts? Is it easier to see the difference between spirit and energy?