Why connect aging in light of the chakras?
The chakras simply help organize details into various categories. They constitute information starting with the root chakra representing the physical world around us, the world we are born into with a physical body … all the way up to the crown chakra representing our relationship with God and the spiritual world … and all the developmental levels in between that help us get from our physical embodiment at infancy to the stage of enlightened spiritual wisdom.
What are the chakras and what categories do they represent?
These are the seven chakras and how I will be relating them to healthy aging:
- Root chakra at the bottom of the pelvis – physical reality
- Sacral chakra at the lower abdomen – emotions
- Solar Plexus chakra above the belly button – action
- Heart chakra in the center of the ribcage – love, forgiveness
- Throat chakra in the neck – self, speaking your truth
- Third Eye chakra in the forehead – knowing/knowledge
- Crown chakra at the top of the head – connection with the spiritual side of life
Here are the anti-aging strategies I do in relation to the organization of information according to the chakra method:
- Root – tangible physical/ beauty support: I blend essential oils (Frankincense, Helichrysum, Myrrh) into my face lotions, I take a collagen supplement everyday, I’ve looked into the SNP’s of my genetic makeup to see what health problems I’m predisposed to and I’m taking preventative supplements to support those areas, I use infrared light box therapy, I get regular massage and bodywork.
- Sacral – emotional regulation: I notice my emotions and how they make my body feel, I feel these emotions as they come up, I refrain from judging emotions and instead look at the situation that is triggering them, I see emotions as information meant to help me see how a situation is impacting me, and I’m using the Emotion Code to release old trapped emotions and to clear out old epigenetic inherited emotional energy.
- Solar Plexus – taking action: I do the Eden daily energy routine (free on YouTube), I stretch and walk two to three miles each day, after my regular shower I finish up with cold water for 30 seconds and dance in the shower, I buy organic foods, I eliminate toxins as much as possible from my home, I recycle, I take more care of my aging body and don’t take physical risks where I could get hurt, I’ve worked to pay off my debt and I’ve put resources away towards retirement.
- Heart – love, forgiveness: I practice self-compassion with tapping and forgive my old mistakes, I practice charity towards others giving money and time, I’ve felt deep inside my heart to find what it is I value and the older I get I’ve found that when I live out my values I’m living without regrets.
- Throat – awareness of self, speak your truth: I practice assertiveness, I’ve taken a variety of personality tests and I’m an introvert and I have a highly sensitive personality and I honor those unique parts of me, I live a quiet peaceful life that is true to me surrounded by animals and living in the country.
- Third Eye – knowing/knowledge: I study strategies to heal my ailments, I took an online menopause class, I’m constantly discovering and practicing stress management and mindfulness strategies, I work to uncover subconscious beliefs and thoughts that are causing anxiety and I work to heal them through getting coaching and enrolling in online trainings.
- Crown – connection with spirit: I pray for others and read the bible every day, I go to church, I try to live an honest and virtuous life, I ask God what He wants me to do and I ask for His help and the help of His angels, I work on living humbly, I keep a gratitude journal, I notice simple things with awe like the sounds of birds and the colors in the sunrise.
Healthy aging encompasses so many areas; I have to consider myself, others, the planet I live on, and my future life.
I bet you’re already doing a lot of things so you can live without stress and regrets into a healthy old age too. What do you think about the way I organized the things I do and categorized them via the chakra system? It’s pretty holistic isn’t it! Does it inspire any ideas for you? I’d love to hear them!