THE BODY IS DESIGNED TO BE SELF-HEALING
Does that seem like a profound statement to you? It really shouldn’t when you think about it. You get a cut and over time the body knits the skin back together. You break a bone and the ends knit together over time.
Time and rest are required for healing. Wouldn’t you agree? Just think of the person who doesn’t rest or take the time to allow the body to heal … would the body’s design for self-healing be thwarted?
STRESS AND ADDITIONAL TRAUMA INHIBIT SELF-HEALING
Does that seem like a true statement to you? There’s a lot of research showing how stress shuts down the immune response. It makes sense if you look at the big picture … what’s the priority in this situation: divert the bodies energetic resources to running away from a mugger or to heal your painful tennis elbow? Of course the body shuts down the healing response in order to keep you alive in the moment.
ACTIVELY USE STRESS RELIEF STRATEGIES
The weird thing about stress though is that psychological stress, work stress, family arguments all trigger the same fight-flight response as that mugger in real life does. And if you don’t have a constant practice of stress relief strategies, your body isn’t healing itself as it should … creating those chronic issues like pain, inflammation, heart disease, autoimmune problems, increased susceptibility to colds and the flu and more.
Stress relief strategies I apply regularly (many are daily) include:
- Essential oils that decrease cortisol, assist the immune system, and calm the limbic system (fight-flight emotional brain center)
- Removing common toxins (toxins are an environmental stress) by switching to natural deodorants, shampoos, soaps, and home cleaning products
- Making and eating clean foods to give my body the nutrients it needs to repair the body
- Weekly massage or bodywork treatment
- Hot Tub or soaking in a hot bath with epsom salts
- The Eden Energy Medicine daily energy routine (free on YouTube)
- Walking with my dog in nature
- Not scheduling too much in a day to keep balanced
- Practicing emotional release techniques (I like to use the Emotion Code and EFT)
DOES IT WORK?
There’s a ton of research that shows it does. And personally I can attest that when I wasn’t doing those stress relief strategies, I constantly had sinus problems and anxiety and finally my life crashed when it became too much and I ended up in the hospital with a trigeminal neuralgia diagnosis, chronic pain, and high blood pressure. And now that I am practicing these strategies I haven’t had allergies or sinus problems for over three years, I’m not on any pain medications, and I’m close to getting off blood pressure medication and will be totally medication free.
What one thing do you do now to manage stress? Is there one more thing you can add to your current strategies? I can offer assistance by making custom essential oil blends for you, or by doing an emotion code emotion clearing session by email, or with giving you a bodywork session. Whatever you decide to do, do it regularly, and your body will thank you by gifting you with vibrant health.